Top 11 Features to Consider when Purchasing New ERP Software
We’ve put together 11 features that you should consider when looking for a new ERP software provider. These findings are based on aggregate customer feedback and longstanding industry experience.
- Anytime, anywhere remote access. Look for a provider that offers web and mobile app options to provide your residents, staff, and vendors with 24/7 access to the services they need.
- Cybersecurity & data protection. Rest assured knowing your data is safeguarded with various prevention and protection services, including automated and redundant back-ups.
- Omnichannel support. When business processes change or an error is encountered, it is important that you have direct access to a responsive and diligent support team.
- Reduce manual data entry. Cut down on redundant data entry with a system-wide integration that automatically populates key data in other supporting modules. If you can find software with the added capability to bulk import data if needed, that’s even better.
- Intelligent system workflows. It’s extremely important that your future software suite supports cross-departmental information syncing. A software that allows data to sync across departments and systems will allow for optimal budget processing, attendance entry/payroll processing, personnel action forms, purchase requisition processing, and much more.
- Robust reporting options. Reporting is important, so it’s recommended that you’re able to create report templates for future use with options to export to a PDF or Excel.
- Document retention and attachment features. Many local governments prefer custom retention schedules with added search capabilities to find important attachments they need within their software suite.
- Streamlined end of year process. One of the most stressful times of the year doesn’t have to be. Look for a provider with a streamlined workflow that makes the end of year process simple.
- Informative push notifications. Considering that new laws and regulations alter business processes, it’s important to have system notifications that will alert you of important action items such as a system update or upgrade to account for those new changes.
- Customizable workspace. Who wouldn’t want the ability to personalize their workspace colors and ‘favorite’ their most frequently visited items within their software application for quick and easy access?
- Smart hyperlink and tag functionally. The ability to expedite business functions will save you a lot of time and energy. With these features, you’ll be able to jump through different areas of the system with ease.
The only thing we didn’t mention, and it may be the most important of them all, is comfortability. When it comes to finding a new software and provider, you want to feel comfortable. Once the software checks all your boxes and you are excited to move forward, you know you have found the best fit for you. Good luck!
If you’re interested in exploring Edmunds GovTech’s ERP Software, click here.